View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #162
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I tried to explain this. The distinction between a forum thread and a forum thread used for a slow chat is useful. The difference is that some threads here are only interesting to read if you are on top of them and participate. Reading them a week later is not so interesting.
And there are many threads that are not interesting from the get go. So, what's your point?

I find many threads easy to participate in .... even if you don't keep "on top" of them. That's the beauty of them .... you don't have to slog through 250 pages of prior posts in order to jump in.

Those are the posts that, reading them a week later, or two weeks later, is very interesting. They aren't hideously dated.

The best discussions are those where no one's iron fist of total control dictates. To illustrate, I have recently posted something that was intended (by me) to spark some intellectual discussion and research. It's doing nothing of the sort ... because I do not "own" the thread .... I do not "control" the thread.

So, why not have a separate forum for all the posts that are not interesting? You know .... starting out, even the original poster knows that no one is going to be interested, and then we put those posts there and we can all ignore them.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote