View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #55
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@hfpop: I wouldn't go so far as to say that it replaces *all* of KSM .

Granted, if you only use KSM to launch KOReader/Plato, then, nnnnnyeeaah, you *could* say it replaces KSM for all *your* use-cases, but, still, this is *just* a launcher sitting on the back of Nickel, there's absolutely no GUI at all .

As for SSH, since this is just a launcher, it doesn't actually care which solution you end up going with to provide you with an actual SSHD/Telnetd (be it Nickel's own debug mode, the good old telnetd packages that went around in the early days and still do the job, the relevant bit inside Sergey's launcher stuff, or my own bag of tricks).

As for USBNet, I honestly can't remember which of these actually have a decent user-facing way of doing the switch. I know mine does, but I'm using it much less that I do on Kindles: except for extended debugging sessions, SSH over WiFi does the job just as well .
So much so that I never bothered actually shipping a KFMon icon/config to toggle it, but it's certainly doable.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote