View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 01:08 PM   #5
jlark
Enthusiast
jlark shines like a glazed doughnut.jlark shines like a glazed doughnut.jlark shines like a glazed doughnut.jlark shines like a glazed doughnut.jlark shines like a glazed doughnut.jlark shines like a glazed doughnut.jlark shines like a glazed doughnut.jlark shines like a glazed doughnut.jlark shines like a glazed doughnut.jlark shines like a glazed doughnut.jlark shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
Hey, thanks for the reply, I wasn't expecting this post to get any attention after so long.

I was already set on getting the Boox Max. (The only reason I didn't pre-order it yet is I'm in the process of getting a VAT number.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrichard View Post
There's a good discussion on the M96 supporting an external keyboard over at: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=242238

Seems support of wired keyboards can't be validated. But support of bluetooth keyboard seems to have validation.
Hmm, it only worked for Booxtor and then for nobody else. It's rather unsettling that Booxtor never replied, neither on the forum nor on youtube, more so than its not working anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrichard View Post
Edit: I remember seeing a post in a different thread where somebody weighed in on which devices were actually usable vis-a-vis using an external keyboard. Some of them seemed to have so much lag/delay that it was pointless. Unfortunately, can't find that post.
The T68 in the video above seems almost decent. I'd expect the Max to be the same.

I'm thinking with an editor configured to "just display" the characters, with no animations / transitions, it should be bearable. How I'd make that editor be my favoured editor is a different story, but Booxes seem to be somewhat hack friendly.
jlark is offline   Reply With Quote