View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 07:08 PM   #52
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Ah, ok. My definition of hoarding is to collect something in a far larger amount than you could use in your lifetime. But yeah, by that link you supplied I'm a collector, not a hoarder. So I have no idea what goes on in a true hoarder's head. I guess it's something like "who knows what may happen, perhaps I'll need it" even when they clearly wouldn't.
The bolded bit is what I think of my 'hoarding' as well, and that only extends to digital stuff. I can't stand too much physical stuff around me; makes me feel hemmed in.

In my younger days, I was primed to become a hoarder of physical books but twice I lost collections to water damage, then later I never had enough space, and by the time we settled into our own home and had more space, I got into ebooks. I probably have only about 250 physical books if I add in my craft and recipe books, and professional reference books.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote