View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 05:16 AM   #83
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterslo View Post
Okay, this time I was able to get to the very last step.
After uploading the Update_jailbreak_bridge_1.14.N_install.bin file, the button Update your Kindle is grayed out - cannot press it.

After searching through the threads - I'm supposed to install mkk and kual afterwards. then place the hotfix in a certain folder?
I have no idea which file (from mkk zip) to copy to my PW2 4GB Kindle.

Spoiler:
Use the Kindle's Cloud Account or just Local? Both, mostly local

You had a passcode set? Never

This was an ad supported (Special Offers) Kindle? No (removed the ad with Amazon support)

Do you recall what version of the firmware was running when you started this downgrade process? 5.8.1

Was the device registered? Yes

What are the first six characters of the device's serial number ? 9017
"After uploading the Update_jailbreak_bridge_1.14.N_install.bin file, the button Update your Kindle is grayed out - cannot press it. "
From where? Link please.
List the contents of the archive it comes packed in -
If the modification date is prior to July 4th - you got an out-of-date 'hotfix'
Was there any problems with installing the special JB file in the previous step?

"After searching through the threads"
DO NOT stray from the first post of this thread other than via the links included in the first post.

Last edited by knc1; 07-06-2016 at 05:47 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote