View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #79
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
OK, just as I suspected the reply was generally not very encouraging. Aside from promising to to make one available for 2.8.1 he said that:
  • He hasn't done any work on 2.5.2 at all
  • He won't attempt to explain individual patches as it's too complicated
  • He doesn't have time to go hunting down the font size table

The one really encouraging thing he said was a possibility of a patch generator, but no time frame for that.
Thanks, for contacting him. I do understand why it is too complicated and he sure did a great job. Hat tip!

Edit: if you wonder why I asked for a 2.5.2. hack that is because
1. It has some dictionary bugs fixed which were broken in 2.5.1.
2. A drawback of fw 2.5.2 is that it introduced a huge top margin (title bar) with Adobe epubs. Solution: Replace the libadobe.so file with the version of 2.5.1. which has only a small top margin.
3. With fw 2.6.1 Kobo tried to reverse the huge top margin of fw 2.5.2 after they got so many complaints. Unfortunately, Kobo forgot to adjust/reverse the top margin of the Touch models.
4. In fw 2.8.1. the old small top margin is back but Kobo removed the strings to reduce the size of the reading footer. So for novice users it is not possible to adjust the reading footer. And that's why I still prefer the 2.5.1/2.5.2 firmware version.

Last edited by Anak; 07-31-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote