View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 06:46 PM   #15
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Told you, what a great month.

Let's hope they don't introduce yet another DRM format.

It wouldn't make much sense. I think their use of '"Kindle Edition" comes more from marketing and not from a technical difference. They probably want to offer a unified platform which makes things easier for the consumer.

So they release a reader "Kindle" and name compatible content "Kindle Edition", even if they still are mobi books. This also would explain why they would want to unify content at amazon's site rather than link to mobipocket.com

If they want to go mainstream with the Kindle, they don't want to complicate things by introducing a reader and then just a link for the mobi format.

Regarding storage and content delivery. I think we don't have to worry about on-board memory, I expect they will offer some kind of online personal library where all your content will be available. (w/o a pc?).

I also expect a very different design. Seriously, it would be "brave" to release a reader with that design we all know and hate.

On a more positive note we can see that amazon has signed new content and that is gonna go ahead with textbooks, and targeting the academic market. s That in turn, would confirm the presence of some form of keyboard.

- - - -

Worst case scenario?

Amazon will launch a reader with that crappy design and a new and exclusive DRM format. In that case they better have the entire amazon catalog available in "Kindle Edition"....

Last edited by BKeeper; 10-03-2007 at 06:53 PM.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote