View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 12:25 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Johnson, Samuel: Rasselas, Prince of Abyssinia, v2 June 01, 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
In between marking exam papers, I've spent most of the week trying (without success) to sort this problem out.

All the book is there. But Chapter 24 starts in the middle of the page. The TOC at the front of the book is accurate. But the TOC available when you click the TOC button has several chapters missing.

I've tried deleting and replacing the TOC several times. I've tried deleting the entire heading for Chapter 24, together with the surrounding spaces and lines, so that the adjacent chapters run together. Then I added the heading for Chapter 24 and marked it as a title. None of this worked.

Finally, I tried re-making the book. I downloaded the text from Manybooks.net in rtf format. Then I loaded it into BD, which correctly identified all the chapters, except no.24, which it labelled as a subtitle. I corrected this to a title. But, when I made the book, exactly the same thing happened.

So, as JSWolf suggested, I'm posting the html0 file. If anyone can see how to fix this, I would be very grateful.
I've fixed it up and even cleaned up the ToC so none of it wraps to the next line. I'm including the LRF and html0 file. ALl I ended up doing was adding the page breaks where needed and then I changed the ToC to a verse and then embedded a smaller fot for use with the ToC and adjusted the font settings to make it fit without being too too small. Of course it will wrap if you use M or L font sizes on your reader.

Jon
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rasselas Prince of Abyssinia.zip (507.8 KB, 1264 views)

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-01-2007 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Johnson, Samuel: Rasselas, Prince of Abyssinia, v2 June 01, 2007
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote