View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
In between marking exam papers, I've spent most of the week trying (without success) to sort this problem out.

All the book is there. But Chapter 24 starts in the middle of the page. The TOC at the front of the book is accurate. But the TOC available when you click the TOC button has several chapters missing.

I've tried deleting and replacing the TOC several times. I've tried deleting the entire heading for Chapter 24, together with the surrounding spaces and lines, so that the adjacent chapters run together. Then I added the heading for Chapter 24 and marked it as a title. None of this worked.

Finally, I tried re-making the book. I downloaded the text from Manybooks.net in rtf format. Then I loaded it into BD, which correctly identified all the chapters, except no.24, which it labelled as a subtitle. I corrected this to a title. But, when I made the book, exactly the same thing happened.

So, as JS Wolf suggested, I'm posting the htm file. If anyone can see how to fix this, I would be very grateful.
Add a manual page break immediately before the chapter headings that aren't showing up - that should fix it.

There seems to be a minimum amount of text required between two titles in BD in order to get an automatic page break and the title appearing in the TOC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote