View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 06:48 PM   #38
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Reflective LCD is basically an LCD screen with no backlight but with a layer to reflect external light. This is also called a transflective LCD. If you have ever used an old Game Boy/Game Boy Color or the original Game Boy Advance it's that kind of screen. You need a very bright light source for it to be visible and if glare is a problem it won't work well for you as you typically need a bright light shining directly on it to see anything. Color also gets kinda washed out.
What about a matte screen proctector ? Seems like a good choice. Sure, it still may have some glare but it doesn't emit light like an LCD display. Owners of the Hisense A5 seem to be pretty content despite its reflective display.

I have a lot of eye strain as well which is why I'm looking for an E-paper monitor as E-ink has been wonderful for my eyes. I'm heavily leaning towards the Hisense Q5 though as it's so much cheaper and has a fast refresh rate. As to needing an external light source for it - when does one not have an external light source ? Whenever I read on my kindle or read a physical book, I do.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote