View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #581
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Hi Robert, actually 1.2 was sent to Apple just a few hours ago.

It is my understanding that popup footnotes are supported in ePub 3 where footnotes are defined in <aside> elements. Soon Marvin will support ePub 3 style popup footnotes allowing for exactly what you're describing. In this case, the catch is that the publisher would have to have defined the footnotes this way.

I'm also experimenting with a method where Marvin will parse out and index all the footnotes a priori and make them available in popups. This is nice because popup footnotes will work for any book. Unfortunately, in books that have lots and lots of footnotes this process introduces a bit of a lag so I still have some work to do in this regard.

Nonetheless, rest assured that I'm already working on this.