Thread: Glo Battery Depletion?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #26
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
My apology to the forum, et al, for the peanut gallery crack. I'm afraid it gets my hackles up when people get snarky when others are just trying to help, and then when they start spouting secondhand BS as fact instead of indicating opinion it really punches my buttons. But it seems I may have been inadvertently guilty of thue same since others have a "never" option for sleep and powering off and I don't. No excuse for my poor behavior, just by way of explanation.

Considering the variety of differences that abound apparently even under the same firmware version I guess we all need to consider that before arguing. He said, rather lamely...

I've never designed a battery powered device intended to use Lithium Ion or polymer tech, largely because a greater possibility of serious damage exists if a problem occurs during charging and because I never really needed the higher power density. I like NiMH. However, from what I've read, most manufacturers say something along the lines of 500-1000 cycles for Lithium Ion/polymer. The reasoning being that deep cycles tend to be harder on the cells than shallower cycles which you can get more of... It's also apparently good to avoid charging until they're discharged a bit in order to avoid constant recharge cycles based on my laptop offering an adjustable "deadzone" whereby it won't start another charge cycle until the battery drops below 95% to limit unnecessarily shallow cycles... Frankly, they're complicated.

Last edited by TechniSol; 11-18-2012 at 08:17 PM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote