View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzymca View Post
Still love it, just a couple issues that I'm trying to figure out!

I transferred a bunch of (non-drm'ed if that means anything) epubs via the USB cable as I don't have a card reader- I copied them into the PP drives that showed up on my Macbook, some on the SD card drive, some onto the internal memory drive. Went I ejected the drives, and went to read them, they wouldn't load- got the hourglass, and nothing came up, and they showed low kb's instead of the 1mb+ they should have been.

So is there a way to confirm that files have transferred properly, or do you just have to leave it plugged in for a couple minutes and assume the epubs are travelling merrily along the USB cable? Or long story short, should I just buy a card reader?
Wow, Macbooks don't have an SD card reader? Are you sure? I was sure pretty much every laptop made in the last 5 or 6 years had a reader built in, I'd be very surprised if your Macbook doesn't.

If your Mac has reading software available to read epubs the easiest way to check if the files have finished transferring would be to actually try and open them from the PP with it still connected.
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote