Thread: Firmware Update Kindle firmware update 2.3.3 available
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 07:49 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I'm confused. When I follow the manual directions it says to go to Menu and Settings and check the number in the lower right to determine which version you have.

Mine says 2.3 but is that the same as 2.3.3?

I'm unsure which version to download as 2.3 does not match any of the examples of whether it it U.S. International, etc. I'm relatively certain it's U.S. but hey....

EDIT: I went ahead and downloaded the U.S. version and manually installed it and now if
I go to the Menu->Settings page the lower right says 2.3.3.

Last edited by kennyc; 02-13-2010 at 08:00 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote