View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 06:33 PM   #789
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The only relevant difference is that you have supplied credentials for that library to the plugin allowing it to sign in. Sometimes a book can only be seen as available when signed in if it is owned by a member library that is part of a consortium. Could you sign in to your library and make sure that this is not the case for this book?
It was definitely a sign-in issue of some sort on the Overdrive end.

I was signed in, but something apparently was screwed up with the server, and it only sort of thought I was logged in. I had all the normal "logged in" features (like my borrowed books, etc.) visible, but this and some other books showed as not owned by the library.

I had to manually log out and back in again for the browser to show the correct information. Your plugin obviously saw the correct information (the book was owned but checked out by somebody else), so I suspect you'll see more issues like this as time goes on, since Overdrive no longer seems to make you log in again if you check "remember me", but eventually something in the browser/server connection screws up.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote