View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #2
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Armor by John Steakley.

Wrapped in a somewhat dystopian future, it covers distrust of a command structure that is disconnected and inattentive. It also gives a pretty good experiential narrative of a troop with PTSD operating in a dissociated state.

Basically I would say it Takes Heinlein's story and shifts more of the focus from philosophical and political theorizing to war fighting and emotional survival.

Last edited by Phogg; 12-11-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote