View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #27
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by whenster View Post
Patch 1 (PeterT).
Commented out the 6 lines in sigil-0.7.2/src/src/Xerces/xercesc/util/Xerces_autoconf_config.hpp and nothing else.
This installed OK, but would not run. Illegal instruction error.

Patch 2 (DiapDealer).
Got an error when I ran:
Code:
patch -p1 < sigil-0.7.2-no-sse2.patch

The alteration to src/Xerces/CMakeLists.txt failed. So I'm checking to find out what is wrong with this patch before trying to install or manually altering the code in src/Xerces/CMakeLists.txt

Is the problem the added line:
Code:
add_definitions( -mno-sse2 )
I'm guessing, should it be:
Code:
add_definitions( -mnosse2 )
No, it's definitely -mno-sse2
I'm guessing you didn't apply the patch to virgin Sigil source-code (or I didn't create the patch from virgin source). Perhaps you'd already commented out the add_definitions( -msse2 ) part as per PeterT's instructions before applying the patch? Or maybe there was some other change made to the src/Xerces/CMakeLists.txt file before applying the patch.

The change to the src/Xerces/CMakeLists.txt file was nothing more than changing
Code:
add_definitions( -msse2 )
to
Code:
add_definitions( -mno-sse2 )
Regardless, both procedures (PeterT's and mine) are essentially the same thing. If what he suggested didn't result in a binary you could launch than it's not likely you'd have any different results had the patch worked.

There's just no guarantee that there hasn't been even more special instruction code creeping into other parts of Sigil's source since the days of 0.3.x that your processor is incapable handling.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote