View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Lights just went OUT and I have 15 minutes (tops)of UPS time to save and shut down (FWIW hibernate take longer than a shut down on XP)
I see what you're saying, but I can still honestly say I've never really had an OMG-I-need-to-save-it-RIGHT-NOW-come-what-may moment.

Changes/S&R's which can be THAT potentially dangerous/important are always made with a solid working backup in the bag. And thus piddly-poo changes are the only ones that I could possibly lose in that kind of emergency. Worst case... I have to write down that I need to redo that last piddly-poo change and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
That was the way the original Sigil worked.
I remember that. Same sort of thing, I guess... except I'm suggesting that the alternate format be the exception rather than the rule. Still a single archive, just one that's allowed to exist in any old heinous state it wants to.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-19-2013 at 07:50 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote