View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 06:19 AM   #6
OddCosine
Connoisseur
OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OddCosine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I would like to keep a link to the original 'book' in the folder Calibre creates for each book.

I do NOT want Calibre to create the link, I can do that via the OS. I just want to see them when I open the folder using the 'Click to open' link on the book details panel on the left of the main list. Calibre deletes them without so much as a 'by your leave squire' if I rename the book, change the author etc - see 2nd sentence in para 1 as to why I might want to do that.
Try importing the link itself into Calibre. I just created a "book" entry by dragging a Windows shortcut into Calibre and it worked fine. I can launch the original file by clicking the "LNK" entry in the book details pane. I can change the metadata and Calibre will manage the link for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I'd also like to keep links to 'related material' like spreadsheets, technical drawings, presentations and video's in the folders. Again I do NOT want Calibre to maintain the presence of the links, I just not want it to cause their absence.
Unfortunately, you seem to be limited to one instance of a given file type per Calibre entry, so it will only allow a single link. Depending on how your stuff is organized you could try importing a folder link.
OddCosine is offline   Reply With Quote