View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #7
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post

QUICK QUESTION: If I move my Calibre library from Dropbox to SugarSynch, is it as simple as just re-pointing the library to its' new location? I hope so but just wanted to get some opinions before doing so. Thanks!
With Sugarsync it is much easier. Similar to "My Dropbox" they have a "Magic Briefcase" but the great news is that you don't have to use that. You can sync any file or any folder (and subfolders if desired) located anywhere on your harddrive. I am not sure how well a network drive works but I have large portions of My Documents (but not all) synced. I store my Calibre library under My Documents in My eBooks and that seems to be working fine given my three days of expertise! I can also sync some items to one computer and other files to a different computer. I have Calibre on my laptop and my home computer but not on my husbands laptop. Other files my husband syncs between his machine and the home system since I don't need to see them. Anything in the magic briefcase is instantly replicated on all systems.

The one thing that I haven't figured out yet, which doesn't really affect my epub files, is whether Sugarsync sends an entire file when it is changed or just the changes. Dropbox touts this as a major speed benefit for them. On my small files and books I have had no synchronizing speed issues.

So far I am quite pleased with my decision. I downloaded Dropbox first and then switched to Sugarsync. With the Magic Briefcase I get the ease of use of Dropbox but I also have a lot of additional choices if I choose to exercise them. Good luck..............Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote