View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #50
guma
Connoisseur
guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I think we're all grateful that Kobo continues to provide updates, but I think most of us would prefer they "get all their stuff in one sock" and stop releasing firmwares they have to immediately replace due to creation of new bugs, while still leaving many other bugs unaddressed.
I'm not seeing 'immediate replacements' for buggy firmwares. That would be bugfix releases .... But I agree that there is a mismatch between quantity and quality of firmware releases. The quality of the firmware and of KOBO's firmware testing is just pathetic - and that is BECAUSE many of the annoying (to some people) bugs (and missing options) are actually, from a technical point of view, very easy to fix (and easy to spot even in unsystematic testing).

(I voted 1).
guma is offline   Reply With Quote