View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #1076
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephWebber View Post
If that is the reply to my question, that is not my understanding.
It gets more complicated if firmware is greater than 5.6, and it is that that I want clarified.
There is no significant change in installing KOreader.

The only change in installing anything is the requiring you to use MrPI to install any Mobileread *.bin package now.
But KOreader does not come in an update_*.bin name format package, so that does not apply to the answer of your question.

The only change since you jail broke your PW-1 is the procedure to jail break the PW-3 running newer firmware.
But you only asked about the changes to installing KOreader, so I only answered about installing KOreader.

If you where (or had intended to) ask about the changes in jail breaking the newer PW-3 running the newer firmware - you are in the wrong thread.

Yes, of course it changed, it almost always does with firmware version changes.
Just follow the steps in the current jail break, exactly, in order, no short cuts of your own, and it will "just work".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote