View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 07:40 PM   #1067
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
Most of the digital books I have are in epub and I used to convert them into azw3 before I got KOreader. All the books on my kindle are azw3. What I meant by redundant is that it's time consuming and unnecessary to convert my epubs to azw3.

Huge collections files take extremely long to both convert and index.

I now have to decide on two things:

1. Either keep converting things to azw3

2. Or move entire library back to epub, which will spare having to switch the programs to read between different formats, especially pdfs.
not quite - by your description above anyway.

Quote:
Huge collections files take extremely long to both convert and index.
There is one statement for using only the default reader.
Only the default reader uses Kindle Collections.

Quote:
Either keep converting things to azw3
Another statement for using only the default reader.

Quote:
or move entire library back to epub ... to avoid switching programs ...
Only significant if you DO NOT install KPVbooklet which will start the desired reader when the book is selected, saving you at least two clicks per document.

Which is only relevant if you are a member of the "Instant Gratification Generation" where the two clicks extends the time required to read War an Peace a significant amount of time.

If you are a very serious member of the IGG -
You should get an audio book reader and play it at double or triple speed.

And with a little web searching, you can probable find how to have another birthday every 10 months.
Saving you untold amounts of time.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote