View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 05:19 AM   #34
Nikoz
Enthusiast
Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm a bit surprised that if you are in a country where you can buy ebooks, that they aren't enabled on the device. Hopefully that will change shortly. But, I would contact Kobo and check what is happening.
From what I understand, audiobooks are blocked on e-readers only because of a law pushed by a lobby (of big booksellers I would think) but it's hard to find details about this, and it's not really advertised on the audiobooks or e-readers website. For example Kobo's says we can listen to audiobooks with their e-readers but there's an asterisk which notes that audiobooks are "available only in certain countries". Audible file format (AAX) is on the list of of supported file formats on the Kindle paperwhite, but the description does not mention reading audiobooks at all. You can buy audiobooks from Audible and the Kobo audiobook website but pictures and mentions of e-readers are conspicuously missing from their websites, and in fact you can only listen to them on tablets and phones (and apparently desktop, for audible books).
Nikoz is offline   Reply With Quote