View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Bookeen's PDF viewer is very limited. The Cybook cannot read any DRMed PDF files, and these files are not reflowed to fit the smaller Cybook screen. Sometimes you can orient the file to make them more readable (changing from Portrait to Landscape), or you can generate PDF files to fit the Cybook's screen - formatting them to a smaller page size, reducing the margin size, etc.

I've created PDF files specifically to be read on my Cybook, but this is time consuming and then when I attempt to use them, the files often lock up the Cybook. I've pretty much given up trying to use the PDF reader for much of anything because it just wastes more time than it's worth. Perhaps Bookeen will improve the PDF reader in a future update, but I'm not holding my breath.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote