View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #44
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdB View Post
It's the saddest thing in the world - he spent a lifetime fighting for one thing, only to find out that he couldn't really have it any more. It was no longer truly available to him. He had something else, sure, but it was not the same.
I don't think he spent a lifetime fighting for one thing, I believe he wanted to punish people who hurt him and destroy their life, not to get Mercedes back to himself. I believe despite anything he said, he thought that she was unfaithful to him. He thought his life is over and he will never experience this deep, wonderful, i.e almost the most powerful feeling in world - love. He wanted a revenge on them, then maybe end his own journey as well. He was so much surprised by discovering this sort of feelings in himself towards Greek lady, he could not believe he would ever be capable to experience it again in his life.
Probably what he didn't realise was that they would not be able to be together anyway, even if Mercedes didn't marry Fernand. 14 years in prison. Time changes people, let alone people who are forced to spend it in a prison...
astra is offline   Reply With Quote