View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Darktower,

May I suggest you're going about this is in the wrong order. Before you write the opening sentences, you need to do an outline of the whole book - with special attention to the main characters. Do that before you start writing.

SNIP....

Mike (Professional writer turned computer programmer)
A very good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I played with the first few sections (hope you don't mind).

Just for fun, I set it up like this...

The pounding rain of the storm almost blocked the sounds of the airships passing overhead. I looked up as they flew by and prayed I would make it home to my wife and baby daughter. The ground was already soaked and the water was flowing in tiny rivers around my feet. It was time to get on with it.

"Yes, Nero?"

“Sir, we have reports of a Greth force heading our way. They are about 3 days out.”

Poor Nero. I could hear the tremor of terror in his voice. It was hard to remember that I was once just like him. But, now was not the time to reminisce. It was my responsibility to get us all home safe.
And to continue with my fun (remember I have no military knowledge nor writing experience)

"Assemble the men, 10 minutes."

"Yes, sir!"

I looked once more to the sky and down at my feet before turning to make my way back to my quarters. God, I hated those things! What the hell are they? How are we suppose to fight them if we don't know what they are?

Now, I have to send those boys out against something nobody knows anything about just so some organization at the top can gather more information. Yeah, great, our government can still continue thanks to the underground state-of-the-art bunkers but, they aren't the ones out here facing those "things".
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote