View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKHaiku View Post
I'll download it tonight to try - but as a thought, since you can go directly to a page number won't that speed up finding a word - just need to guess a bit...?
Right, but when I tried it, I never really got close and still had to make at least 20 button pushes to find the word I wanted. I really like the idea of having a really good unabridged dictionary but it would take great patience. I was thinking I could increase the number of table of contents entries to 50 and have them evenly distributed so that you were never more than 1/50th of the book away from the word you want. For the 'A' words which displays in 1076 pages when in small fonts that means you're never more than about 21 pages from the word you want. Unfortunately, I'd have to do that for all 24 or so of the dictionaries (B to XYZ, too) which would mean over a thousand links I'd have to create. I'm just not sure I want to do that.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote