View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
Gingah
Gingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheeseGingah can extract oil from cheese

Device: K4S B00E
Thanks for the quick replies!

I guess bricking it is the main concern, as I genuinely like the device. On the other side, I almost bricked it after transfering a few faulty documents to it, so the danger is always present. I don't have a serial cable, but acquiring one shouldn't be a hassle. At any rate, having the rescue pack could be a life saver; as you say, the paperwhite is prone to faults.

In regards to your suggestion, knc1, I did read several pages and posts of various threads here - but I did not know about the three more specified ways of searching for posts. Thanks for the tip.

My secondary concern about the Kindle is in regards to theft. I mentioned Prey because I use it on my laptop, and I have something similar working on my phone. Guarding against theft may not have any foolproof methods, but I usually feel more at easy knowing the applications are running in the background. And finding the device via a website usually saves me some hours searching for where I left it.

I'll read a little more before going ahead with the jailbreak, but it would certainly appear to be beneficial.
Gingah is offline   Reply With Quote