View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #19
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I think the only real benefit to independent bookstores anymore would be those with specialized collections: a feminist bookstore, for example, or one that (as mentioned above) specializes in comics and media tie-ins. General purpose independent bookstores can't compete with the big box stores, who can't compete with Amazon.

In general, I know what I'm looking for when I go to Amazon. There's a very nice local indy store that I like to go to when I'm looking for non-specific non-fiction like science or psychology, and I know they have a small but choice collection there.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote