View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 03:26 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumann View Post
finally had the idea to use the command line to look at the card instead of the Mac Finder...
I didn't realise you were using a Mac or I could have warned you about that. There are some instructions somewhere in the Kobo forum about viewing the ".kobo" directory in Finder.
Quote:
In the .kobo/ directory there is a sqlite instance with 16M and an image/ dir with nearly 60MB. This contains, for each file on the sd card, three files, prefixed with "file____mnt_sd_" followed by author and title and then the suffix epub - N3_FULL.parsed, epub - N3_LIBRARY_FULL.parsed, and pub - N3_LIBRARY_GRID.parsed, respectively. I don't know whether these files contain the book covers as well, but with a size of 50-300K per file and the name of the directory it is at least probable.
Those are the cover images and they are just JPEGs. I have no idea why Kobo thought they needed a special extension.

They shouldn't be there and they are definiately not being created on either my Glo or Touch. FW 2.5.0 creates cover image files for books on the SD card in the directory "koboExtStorage\images" on the SD card. Older firmware put them on the main memory, but the latest that did was either 2.0.x or 2.1.1. But, older versions of calibre could create the images on the main memory when you sent books over with the appropriate options. What version of calibre are you running?

In any case, you should be safe deleting the image files. The device will recreate them if needed and they should go to the correct place.
Quote:
Interestingly, I even have kepub directory with a few entries even though I haven't yet bought a Kobo book (and they aren't shown either).
There usually are about five of these and they aren't in the database correctly to see. From memory, they are classics like Moby Dick or something from Mark Twain.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote