View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #14
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
I won't touch a free ebook or something selling at a dollar or two because the very price suggests that the author has cut corners, there has been no professional editorial input, and the book may very well waste my precious recreational reading time. Neil
That's a very interesting point you make, Neil. Part of the reason I put my first ebook online free of charge was that I didn't feel comfortable charging for what I saw as a relatively amateur effort. The other part of my reasoning, of course, was that I did think it was good enough to repay most people's time investment, and file my name in their mental 'writers I might pay to read' file.

There are certainly different types of readers, and it's interesting to note that they'll respond to different marketing. Some people are 'give me the first free, and if I like it I'll buy your stuff forever', others 'give me a sample, if it pulls me in I'll buy it', others 'get a buzz going and I'll think about it'.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote