Thread: 53,432 page PDF
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #14
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Hmm... it depends what you mean with "memory settings". I had to change what I said above to generate the 80,000 page PDF, otherwise it aborts at around 60,000 pages, but nothing else, I didn't have to re-create formats or anything else. It may be that I had already modified something a couple of years ago, but I don't think so, this system's tetex should be pretty much out-of-the-box.
Oh, sorry. I misread what you had written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
The .out file is where hyperref stores the information for the bookmarks. I noticed that when pdflatex aborts, if I try to recompile, it then aborts again right at the beginning, when reading the .out file, that's why I think the stuff in the .out file might be one of the culprits.

To disable the bookmarks try passing bookmarks=false to the hyperref package.
Thanks for that!

I don't suppose you want to go for the gold and try to make a 200,000 page version?

If not, I'll try my hand at it in the next day or two.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote