Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #1448
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Hi,
I'd like to report a PDF related bug.

This is a Kindle Paperwhite running the 5.3.4 firmware here with the current JBPatch Version 4.0.0 (2013-04-13).

The "Modify Reader Margins" patch (Version 2013-04-13) offers, among others, two settings:

"Footer Height" (Default: 30) -> displays the "current location", "percentage", etc.

"Bottom Margin" (Default: 30) -> the total height of the bottom margin, including the footer (so it should be >= "Footer Height").

These settings work fine with an "azw3" file but they misbehave with PDF files.

For an "azw3" file, the actual "bottom margin height" is equal to the "Bottom Margin" setting (i.e. by default it is 30).

For PDF files, however, the actual "bottom margin height" is equal to "Footer Height" + "Bottom Margin" (i.e. by default it is 60 = 30 + 30).
Well, quite a substantial loss of space ... while displaying a PDF file, the reader always keeps the "aspect ratio" encoded in the file, hence any loss of space in one direction (in this case "vertical") immediately translates into a corresponding additional lowering of used space in the other direction (in this case "horizontal"). Together they make the font smaller / less readable. (Well, if there's any option that will convince the reader to neglect the encoded "aspect ratio", let me know.)

Hope it helps,
Best regards,
Pepe.

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 06-07-2013 at 01:44 PM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote