Thread: Any 11" tablet?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifernew View Post
No there is not any android tablet of size 10.5" is there. But yes 9.5" tablet is there. So, you can try for that. I don't think that this 1" will matter a lot.
Actually that extra 1" in diagonal size is worth almost 12 sq. in. (~71.17sq. in. vs. 59.76sq. in) in screen area when compared to a current 10.1" 16:10 format display. Math might be off, this is a best guess on a fast mental calc with the odd rounding error. However the point is for these devices small increments in diagonal measurement can mean rather significant changes in dimension and screen real estate.

FYI the approximate diagonal of a typical 8-1/2"x11" sheet of paper is 14". I don't remember if I subtracted for the page margin or not, haven't calc'd that is a long time. But to replicate a sheet of paper that is what size screen we need, approximately in, as I recall, 16:10 format. Mind is old and slow these days so run the calcs to confirm but I think it gets the idea across.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote