View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #25
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Bear in mind you don't get that 8gb available about 2gb is set aside and partitioned off for possible software upgrades and another 2 is usually lost due to the filesystem. If you get 4gb of space on an 8gb device you are lucky.
On the 8 GB Galaxy S there's 5.78 GB free for use, and I've still got under a gig of that spare today.

If it really is just 4 GB available on the Nexus 4 that would be a little tight, but I really don't notice the pruning that I do, so I'm sure that being a little more aggressive about it I could live with the 8 GB.

However, yes, that difference of nearly 2 GB of free space would make it worth considering the 16 GB version.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote