View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-ink View Post
Do you know if there are WiFi scripts too? It would be even nicer to load the Droidwall stuff only upon on WiFi initialization.

Also I'm still trying to find out how Droidwall actually works. How does it apply its owner ID filters to iptables and why don't they show up in iptables?
see 'iptables -L' vs 'Droidwall --> Menu --> More --> Show rules'
As far as I know, there is no hook that's run when wifi is enabled. Possibly you could wrap the wpa_supplicant binary, but I haven't ever tried that.

Anyway, dynamic startup should not be necessary. DroidWall loads an iptables configuration into the kernel after boot (or when you manually select “Apply rules”) and doesn't need to keep running in the background thereafter. The rules remain loaded despite wifi going up or down.

The individual rules do show up in “iptables -L”, but this command does not list the uid data (instead you get as many similar-looking rules as you have rules in DroidWall). I think only “iptables -S” (aka “iptables-save”) does that, but that command is not compiled into the iptables binary installed on my device.

Thanks for the F-Droid pointer, BTW. I had forgotten that DroidWall is open source and available there.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote