View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Entering the Kobo app password was VERY frustrating

Note to Kobo staff.

A very nice feature is the optional ability to view your password when logging into a WiFi network. My WiFi password is a pass phrase and is about 20 characters long so that's very nice.

BUT the Kobo app password screen displayed only the last character for a moment. Almost all my passwords are 20 characters long, randomly generated with upper and lower case characters and digits, and stored in the open source KeePass utility. (I have no idea what my banking, Facebook, this website or other websites passwords are because they're all stored in KeePass and entered at the webpage login with a few keystrokes.)

So now I had to labouriously enter each character and watch it for a second to verify. I could not wait until the end and then verify the entire string. I had to re-enter the Kobo desktop app password three times before I got it right.

So please give us the ability to view the entire password as we re-enter it.

(Hmm, I have to see what the experience is like when entering the password at a browser screen. <shudder>)
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote