View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 08:36 PM   #17
hollowpoint
Groupie
hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Mini, Kindle PW5, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Even if a unit has jelly scroll issues, you can read ebooks by turning the whole page at a time rather than scrolling, which would render jelly scrolling a non-issue. Granted it might not be the preferential way someone wants to read, but it wouldn’t be affected at all by jelly scrolling. Web surfing though is going to be an issue, and any other app that uses scrolling.

I definitely agree that the iPad mini 5 is terrific for ebook reading. I love mine. And to be truthful, I find holding my iPad Air 2020 more difficult due to the tiny bezels. I keep activating stuff on the screen because there is no place to rest my thumb. I don’t have to worry about that on my iPad mini 5 though. I understand the allure of small bezels since they give you a bigger screen in the same over all size package as you get with larger bezels. But they make reading for me a bit harder. I would love to see an iPad mini with the larger bezel at the bottom keeping the button, and smaller bezels on the other three sides. For reading, I prefer a design like my Oasis 3 with a lot of bezel for my thumb on one side. Of course Apple will never build an iPad mini like that.
Fair enough. Agree with all of that--except the bit about Ipad Air, which I have no experience with.

Isn't it funny how the ergonomic details of an older device can sometimes make it more effective--for certain purposes such as book reading--than a newer device that has the latest tech?
hollowpoint is offline   Reply With Quote