View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 08:21 AM   #58
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
“Originality does not consist in saying what no one has ever said before, but in saying exactly what you think yourself.”
- the Irish poet James Stephens
That reminds me of two quotations:

.....Immortality. I notice that as soon as writers broach this question they begin to quote. I hate quotation. Tell me what you know.
..........— Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882), US essayist & poet. Journal (May 1849). NOTE: 10,000 websites to the contrary, Emerson, to my knowledge, never said, "I hate quotations," or "I hate quotes." He was speaking on the topic of immortality. Personally, I love quotations, especially about immortality; since I know nothing about it.

The other is from possible my favorite book of the Bible, Ecclesiastes.

.....Only that shall happen Which has happened, Only that occur Which has occurred; There is nothing new Beneath the sun!
..........Ecclesiastes chapter 1 verse 9, TaNaKh, Jewish Publication Society, 1985.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-20-2010 at 07:21 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote