View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 06:28 PM   #75
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I kinda understand the "lateness" comment. They have had the Kindle and kindle books for a number of years right? How hard is it to build a windows/pc application to display them? Were they trying to sell books or hardware? Were they concerned about getting the ebooks to the consumer or concerned about pleasing the publishers?

I think there are some legitimate issues in the question.
I agree that they were late to the party, but only because they already had the software they needed to get this done, for the most part. They've had Mobipocket since 2005.

The only halfway decent excuse I can see for this is that possibly they needed some development time to incorporate Whispernet and the touchscreen technology. That seems like a long time to wait for those enhancements, though.

On a somewhat related note, I think seeing the video of the Kindle software on a tablet makes a good case for the next Kindle having a touchscreen. Resizing the text, for one thing, looks a lot more elegant in the PC software than it is on the devices.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote