View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 05:29 AM   #1
svda
Connoisseur
svda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
Conflicts when updating metadata

I used to manage my calibre database on my local computer and save the epubs to to Synology (Save to disk in one single directory). This went all smooth.
I recently moved my calibre database to my Synology NAS and furthermore arranged it to cloudsync this directory to ms onedrive.
I thought everything was going well, until I had some problems with newly bought epubs that had a python error and path conflict whenever I tried to change the metadata of the book (adding bookdescription or changing cover). I only got to see the error when I opened the epub. The multiple conflicting epubs from 1 book mention ADMIN and CONFLICT in the filename. Would I not have opened the epub to check, I would not have been aware of the conflict/error.

So, I decided to test. I moved my database back local to my computer. Added the new book, did all the changes (forgot to polish ). But hey book was accepted and opened up normally.

So, obviously my new working strategy is going wrong. I would like to know precisely where the culprit is. Is it already going wrong when I just keep my database on synology? My guess. Or is the Synology Cloudsync bothering the calibre process? Should I try to cloudsync a scheduled times and not immediately ?

Thanks for you help.

Last edited by svda; 05-20-2018 at 05:31 AM.
svda is offline   Reply With Quote