View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #179
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
ROFL!!!

I'm sitting here laughing, catching up on this thread!

Congratulations, 5thWiggle!

I still want a Note. Told my Dad about them and he went and bought one! His first Android anything, first smartphone . . . . He uses it to "play" the stock market, keep up on baseball scores, and play jazz on Pandora. He's most impressed with its hands-free capabilities.

I'm jealous, but I think I'll wait and see what the new one looks like in October -- assuming there is a new one and it does come out then!

Meanwhile, thanks for all the insights and laughter!!
You Know you want one...
Plus you can use the same pens for your PE...
Handwriting recognition powered by DioTek...
C'mon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
At this point, yeah it would be foolish to pick up a Note when the new one is around the corner.
Price! It does what I want at a good speed for a good price (after I got some discounts for not upgrading my phone for such a long time). I doubt there is anything Samsung could add, barring direct neural interface, that would make me lust after the newest version so badly that I'd regret getting one now. Plus, I rarely live on the bleeding edge anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
A friend of mine has a Note and the greenish tint of the screen seems really obvious, especially when viewed at a slight angle rather than straight on. Are your notes' screens the same?
No problems with mine. I get a greenish tint, but only at extreme angles. It's more viewable in sunlight than most LCD screens I've seen. Also, it's viewable in both portrait and landscape while wearing polarized sunglasses (it disappears around the 45 degree mark but looks good at 0 and 90 degrees).

Last edited by 5thWiggle; 07-26-2012 at 02:35 PM.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote