View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #1
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Help with "Guessing metadata from file names"

I have over 800 eBooks which I really really want to import into Calibre. However I'm scared to, I previously attempt to load my library into Calibre using one of the 0.5 released and was dismayed at how many, over half, of my collection had no author or title information at all. These eBooks all have authors and titles on my Cybook and BeBook, so I'm confused. The vast majority of my eBooks are Mobipocket .prc format, I've been told this could be part of the problem.

I would love to use the 'Guess metadata from file name' option but I have 2 distinct naming conventions, one with series information and one without. Since the Gui only has 1 option, I'm not sure how to handle this.
  • with series: Genre_AuthorLastName_Series_Title
  • w/out series: Genre_AuthorLastName_Title

Should I start adding an extra "_" to all the titles without series, or is there an easy way to program this using a script that runs on command line? I'm not afraid of downloading new programs and having a go at it if someone can get me started. I would also love to be able to retain the Genre information as a tag during import if that is at all possible.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote