View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #54
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Can you set your AV to ignore the Kobo totally? No scanning of any type?
Already tried, that, shutting it off completely when working with Kobo/Calibre, selecting not scan, etc.

The fact that windows closes the Explorer window for that 'drive', indicates a Windows detected USB fault error (which is what was happening to me). Windows (and Calibre) can no longer communicate with the drive.
Your USB port is NOT dead (at least, before the fault).

Quote:
The next time this happens: Leave everything connected <<<
Open the 'Device Manager Control panel (Right-click My Computer: select Manage: click Device Manager in the Left column)
Scroll down to the Universal Serial Bus controllers and click the plus to expand. The yellow one is the one to look at the 'Properties' for Status explanations
I just tried that. And while doing it, I paid attention to when the Windows Kobo folder closes.
Plugged Kobo in, waited for Windows Kobo folder to open
Opened Calibre, let it read Kobo
As I selected book to add, but before I pressed 'send to device', the Windows Kobo folder closed, this time it closed before I could even add 1 book!
So then I looked in the USB controllers, and to my surprise, not one of them has yellow, or triangle, or exclamation mark. They just show as normal.
So I wanted to see if Kobo shows in 'My Computer', it does, but when I click properties, it shows the Kobo with 0 used bytes, 0 free bytes., And I haven't ejected it yet using Calibre not 'safely remove hardware'.

So, its' my USB? And I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but logically it doesn't make sense...how come that port works with so many other devices, from 1GB up to 1TB, but not Kobo?
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote