View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Are readers more educated than non-readers?

Something I've noticed working on calibre and now Sigil is the education level of other developers. Calibre has multiple PhDs working on it. Valloric (who created Sigil) has a Masters. After taking over Sigil I'm getting bug fixes submitted by a PhD (not one of the calibre ones). It seems like there is an over representation of people with advanced degrees (I mean really advanced) working on these projects.

I'm sure I can find accurate information on this but a poll is more fun. I want to see what the education level (highest level completed) of MobileRead members is. My suspicion is there will be an over representation of highly educated people here. Which, by extension, might mean something about the type of person that is more likely to be a reader.

To get things started, I have a Bachelor's degree.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote