View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton View Post
Good to see technology advance but I don't know that the average person is screaming for more dpi from eInk. Personally I've moved on from an eInk device because I find it too limiting. I want color, video, and better interaction with the screen but I don't want to carry multiple devices. EInk is certainly very cool for very specific applications but it's also quite limiting.
We all make our own choices, and yours is a valid one.
I am on the other side of the user spectrum to yourself (in total agreement with Hans's post before).
I love reading, I love quality. E-ink screens (especially Perl) deliver that experience for me. I won't watch movies on it, or play video games, or browse the internet. I just want to read. And for this, I'm happy to pay.
Higher resolution and better contrast can only be a good thing IMO.

I only hope there's enough of us out there to keep the E-Ink industry going as a sustainable business.

Last edited by m-reader; 05-17-2011 at 12:06 PM.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote