View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 05:15 AM   #14
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Yeah, about those typos. loosing track instead of losing track, Amzonz instead of Amazon.

Anyway, I'm not sure about the syncing thing, I have a lot of stuff on my Kindle I have no need to keep track of, I just downloaded it for the heck of it (the pre 1923 Ruth Fielding series for instance) and I'd rather not have it clutter up my database of "good" books. Nor do I wish to delete something on both necessarily. Anyway, it should be optional.

One thing you could try to do is be more user friendly on conversion options than Calibre. For instance, say you are importing a PDF that has page numbers. You can remove them via Calibre, but you need to know some sort of scripting language to be able to do it.

Or maybe have it able to detect chapters automatically. For instance, say a document has a line like "Chapter One" or "Chapter I", it would be cool if a converter could pick up on that being a chapter and make it one automatically.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote