View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #2841
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Listened to the first two hours of Stephen Fry's version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I've listened to the Jim Dale version of all 7 books multiple times, but I've always wanted to compare it to the Stephen Fry version. As I mentioned in a different thread, Audible is making various children's books available for free streaming and the Fry version is one of those books. So far so good.

So far, my take is that they are both very good, but have very different styles. I think that Jim Dale does a much better job on character voices, but Fry is a better voice actor, i.e. he puts more emotion into the reading.
Yes, I've had both since they released way back when. Of the two, I slightly prefer the Stephen Fry version but both are excellent.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote