View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 08:28 AM   #13
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I have a question. There are some patches that, aside of been enabled or no, accept some customization (Custom footer (page number text), for example). How would you handle it here?
I wouldn't. That's currently beyond the scope of kobopatch, because there is no clean way it can be implemented (covering edge cases, validation) and it would make it a bit confusing to use. I also wanted to keep as much logic as possible in the patch files itself to make it easier to maintain (it's currently the same number of lines of code as the original one). More complexity means more bugs and less checks. The way I was considering was a variables section in kobopatch.yaml which is substituted into all patches which match, but I decided against it. Also keep in mind that users may not necessarily know how to use the feature.

If one of you can think of a better way to implement this, I'd be happy to consider it.

Also, what would you think of a print instruction to show a message to the user during patching? This would be useful to inform about dangerous patches or things like that.

Last edited by geek1011; 05-28-2018 at 02:24 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote